Are you looking for a healthy, energetic and warm dish? If so, then roasted cauliflower turmeric is a great recipe for you. Among other things, turmeric is known for its spicy flavor, with hints of pepper and ginger.
When he takes with cauliflower, which is known for its nutty flavor and sweet, which further improves when roasted, you will realize that you do not have to take a lot mashed potatoes or rice starch. If you are looking for a change and something new as a favorite, this is the recipe for you.
will find this recipe (of the Black Fitness Today) is delicious when served warm in winter and autumn. on the other hand, it can also be great in summer or spring, when you can be served cold as a salad.
What you should know?
- There are tons of nutrition (and taste) in roasted cauliflower turmeric.
- Cauliflower has minerals, vitamins and antioxidants that support our heart health and brain, and fight inflammation and cancer.
- Curcumin is the active ingredient of turmeric. Which has antioxidant properties anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer.
roasted turmeric cauliflower
- organic cauliflower – 1 head
- oil olive / coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- turmeric – 1 tablespoon
- pepper and salt – to taste
- Comino – pinch
How to prepare?
- Preheat oven to bring it to 400 ∞ F.
- chop the head cauliflower florets for.
- Take a baking dish and put the cauliflower cut into it.
- Add turmeric, olive oil, salt and cumin and mix well.
- Use a sheet to cover the baking dish to prevent florets get dry. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cook for about 15 more mixtures after removal of the sheet.
NOTE: Although the recipe is made with olive oil, the use of coconut oil is recommended. You must use the cold olive oil because it is likely to oxidise if heated. However, coconut oil is very stable to resist damage induced by heat.
The benefits of eating cauliflower
Cauliflower contributes a little ways to the health benefits of this recipe roasted cauliflower turmeric. It belongs to the cruciferous family in plants.
Cauliflower has sulforaphane, a sulfur compound. It has been found that can destroy cancer stem cells, thereby inhibiting tumor growth. According to some scientists that kill cancer stem cells could be the key factor in cancer control.
As an example, it has been found in the investigation that the mixture of curcumin (active compound turmeric) and cauliflower may be beneficial in the prevention and management of prostate cancer .
A study (published – Carcinogenesis), sulforaphane may be useful in reducing the rate and the occurrence of chemically induced mammary tumors in the case of animals. Also it helps slow the development of human breast cells in culture of cancer, causing cell death.
Moreover, cauliflower has many anti-inflammatory nutrient which control inflammation. These include indole-3-carbinol (I3C), which is an anti-inflammatory compound. It is believed to act at the genetic level to prevent inflammatory responses at the basic level.
Cauliflower is useful to the energy of our body in detoxification in many ways. It has antioxidants that help with Phase 1 detoxification and sulfur rich nutrients essential to Phase 2 detoxification functions. Cauliflower also has glucosinolates that help in activating detoxification enzymes.
Take more minerals, vitamins and antioxidants
You can also set up a snack in the cauliflower to increase their intake nutrient. A good percentage of Americans lack a lot of nutrients. By way of example, a single serving of cauliflower gives 77% of the RDA of vitamin C.
cauliflower also contains the following nutrients in amounts rich:
- vitamin K
- vitamin B6
- The pantothenic acid
cauliflower also contains high amounts of choline is a B vitamin that helps with brain development.
It was found that when he was given the hill in pregnancy, which helped boost brain activity of the animals in the womb. This showed that the hill could be useful to improve learning, memory and cognitive function. It is also believed to help reduce age-related decline in memory and the susceptibility of the brain to toxins in childhood, while also providing protection during the later stages of life.
Furthermore, consumption of cauliflower give a big boost to phytonutrients and antioxidants in your body. It is full of the following nutrients:
- Vitamin C
And even more!
Cauliflower and Turmeric – The Super Combination
By adding turmeric cauliflower, the powers of this super food increase further. Turmeric is well known as a spice curry yellow pigment that is an integral part of Indian cuisine. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in it. This polyphenol has demonstrated more than 150 positive therapeutic activities, including anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and antioxidant benefits.
Most clinical work Dr. William LaValley focuses on cancer treatment. According to him, curcumin appears to be beneficial for almost all types of cancers. Also it said to have the highest volume of literature based on the evidence that supports it effective against cancer.
Curcumin is able to modulate gene expression and activity through the destruction of cancer cells and promoting healthy cell function. It is also effective in promoting anti-angiogenesis. In other words, it is beneficial in preventing the growth of additional blood supply that is required for the growth of cancer cells. A growing clinical body of research also suggests that curcumin may be useful with the following:
- Support healthy cholesterol levels
- the suppression of thrombosis and myocardial infarction
- suppress tumor formation
- the suppression of symptoms of multiple sclerosis
- increased secretion of bile
- preventing oxidation of low-density lipoprotein
- inhibition of platelet aggregation
- the suppression of symptoms related to type 2 diabetes
- inhibition of replication HIV
- suppress the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis
- the suppression of the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease
- protection against pulmonary toxicity and fibrosis
- protection against cataracts
- the acceleration of healing wound
- protection against liver damage
Although turmeric has turmeric, regular spice does not have the amount right to enjoy all these clinically significant benefits. In fact, turmeric root has only 3% concentration of curcumin. Even if it is healthy enough to take it on, use a supplement containing turmeric extract minimum 95% curcuminoids to achieve full therapeutic effects.
do you like cauliflower and turmeric? This recipe is for you Bono
This is another great way to prepare your recipe for cauliflower and turmeric. This is an instant recipe, which is full of antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory benefits. It will be ready in 5 minutes you can take as a snack, lunch or dinner.
Interestingly, a single serving of this recipe gives 181 percent of the recommended amount of vitamin C, 33 percent of folic acid and 46 percent of the vitamin daily dose K .
turmeric and healthy cauliflower
- Cauliflower (organic) – 1lb
- vegetable broth or chicken (low sodium) – 5 tablespoons
- turmeric – 1 teaspoon
- virgin Extra olive oil – 3 tablespoons
- lemon juice – 2 teaspoons
- garlic cloves (medium) – 2 (minced / pressed)
- pepper and salt – to taste
How to prepare?
- Chop cauliflower into quarters.
- Leave them well for 5 minutes and its hidden health benefits will come out.
- Chop or garlic press and left too for 5 minutes.
- Take 5 tablespoons of broth in a pan (stainless steel) and heat over medium heat.
- Add turmeric and cauliflower broth when steam starts. To reach al dente cauliflower, make sure it is not cooked for more than 5 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl. To improve the taste, add the cauliflower in the remaining ingredients immediately (hot weather). (You do not have to prepare Mediterranean dressing separately.)
You May Also Like: