Whiteheads are small white bumps on the skin caused by clogged pores. Therefore, they are similar to pimples. However, unlike the black dots that appear white or yellow in color.
The reason is that the cells of sebum, dirt, dead skin, etc. It trapped in the pores are not exposed to oxygen in the air when the follicles have narrow opening to the skin surface.
For blackheads, however, follicles have a wider opening, allowing air to enter follicles. Therefore, the material becomes plugged dark in color due to oxidation of melanin.
A white dot, also known as a closed comedo or milium (plural ily), is a form of acne. Usually it is painless, but can be infected with the bacteria P. acnes. More often than not, the white spots appear on the face, especially on the cheeks, temples and forehead.
Some people are more prone to blackheads and whiteheads than others because their sebaceous glands produce sebum with oleic acid instead of linoleic acid, which is soothing to the skin and does not lead to development of hard plugs.
How to get rid of white spots
Here are 10 suggestions to help whiteheads clear.
- facial steam can be done once a week to open pores and loosen the buildup of grease, dirt and dead skin cells. To do this, you need to boil a pot of water and pour into a large bowl. Put a few drops of an essential oil such as lemon, chamomile, rosemary, etc. in it and place your face over the bowl to expose it to steam for 5-10 minutes. Alternatively, you can dip a towel in hot water, drain, and then place it on your face for a few minutes and repeat the procedure two or three times. After this steaming, you can soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the affected areas.
- Add four tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of hot mineral water. Apply this mixture on your face and leave it for about 10 minutes. Finally, remove the mask and follow up with a moisturizer. Preferably, follow this remedy after the facial steam cooking.
- Mix a tablespoon of lemon juice and salt (preferably dead) in two tablespoons of whole milk. Rub this recipe on your face. Rinsing after 15 minutes to reduce whiteheads. Regular application of this milk and lemon juice face pack can also nourish and soften the skin.
- oil tea tree bathes in a cotton ball and apply to the affected area to fight bacteria and cure blackheads, whiteheads and acne breakouts area. It helps reduce acne scars, also
- Taking corn starch (absorbs oil) and apple cider vinegar (works as an astringent) in a ratio of 3:. 1. Mix both ingredients in a container and applying the resulting paste over the affected area for 15-30 minutes. Finally, wipe with a clean cloth and wash your face with warm water, followed by rinsing with cold water to close the pores.
- Grind a handful of blanched almonds. Take two tablespoons of this paste and a tablespoon of pure honey (preferably manuka honey) and a little lemon juice. Exfoliate your skin with this almond and honey facial scrub and wash after 15-20 minutes.
- Add a spoonful of honey two tablespoons of oatmeal. The mixture is warmed slightly in a microwave. Apply to face and after 20 minutes, remove with warm water to clear blocked pores. Instead of honey, you can combine oatmeal with plain yogurt, too. After exfoliation, wrap an ice cube on a piece of cotton cloth and run it on your face. This helps close the pores.
- Regularly apply a cleanser, followed by strips of deep cleaning to reduce whiteheads pulling dirt and sebum accumulation. It can help treat mild acne also. In addition, you can use facial cleansers that contain alpha hydroxyl acids and salicylic acid.
- The application of drug treatment nonprescription containing at least 5% benzoyl peroxide inhibits the growth of acne by killing bacteria and exfoliate dead skin. Therefore, often it is recommended for curing whiteheads. After applying this remedy, however, be sure to moisturize lightly face like benzoyl peroxide it tends to dry the skin. Follow this treatment twice daily for about four to six weeks. Antibiotics are sometimes used, but most antibiotics are not effective in the prevention and cure of white spots.
- There is also the option to consult a dermatologist or a specialist in skin care and get their white spots extracted by an expert. An instrument called Whitehead extractor is used for this purpose.
tips to prevent pimples
When it comes to whiteheads, blackheads, pimples, etc. it is advisable to avoid using cosmetics and skin care oily. Therefore, you should opt for non-comedogenic water-based products.
In cleaning line of skin is very important to prevent and control problems like acne, pimples and blackheads on oily skin . Therefore, wash your face twice a day with a face wash without soap.