Age spots, also known as sunspots, liver spots or solar lentigines are flat, light of dark brown spots that appear on the skin due to years of exposure to ultraviolet rays of the sun or using tanning beds.
Basically, these spots develop when the skin produces melanin in high concentrations in certain areas to protect the deeper layers of the skin from UV rays. Moreover, sometimes it produces excessive melanin skin due to aging.
Furthermore, the damage of free radicals (helps in the accumulation of cellular debris called lipofuscin), poor diet and poor liver function tend to worsen the problem. In addition, intake of certain antibiotics, diuretics, antipsychotics and are likely to increase your chances of developing sunspots.
The most common areas that tend to develop age spots are the face, neck, shoulders, forearms, back of hands, top of the feet and upper back . Usually they are harmless but ugly sight.
These brown spots are similar to freckles, but unlike freckles, that will not fade on their own. It is believed that people with fair skin are more susceptible to age spots. In addition, they are particularly common in people over 40.
How to get rid of age spots
A below are 7 remedies are presented to reduce age spots benign.
- lemon juice works as a natural bleach to lighten dark spots on the skin. Therefore, you can apply lemon juice on age spots for about 20 minutes to remove them. You can also use a combination of lemon juice and yogurt. Moreover, it is possible to mix a little almond oil in lemon juice and apply it on the skin twice a day.
- skin Soak in hot water for about 20-30 minutes to soften. Then, dip a Q-tip in a solution of hydrogen peroxide and apply it on the affected area. Rinse after 15-20 minutes. Repeat this procedure three days a week for a few weeks. Alternatively, you can soak a cotton ball in the liquid, put it on the affected area and wrap a bandage around it to keep it on the skin overnight. It is best to use a hydrogen peroxide solution 12%. It can be reached easily from any beauty shop. Before following this treatment, be sure to test the tolerance of the skin to this liquid, applying it in a small portion.
- Apply generously pure aloe vera gel on the skin for 30-45 minutes to reduce sun spots naturally. Follow this remedy twice daily for at least three to four weeks.
- Mix two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in a teaspoon of onion juice. Dip a cotton ball in this solution and apply it in their age spots twice in one day. Alternatively, you can simply dip a piece of onion, apple cider vinegar and rub it on the affected area. If you do not want to use onion juice then replace it with orange juice. Continue treatment for at least five to six weeks.
- Mash a quarter cup of unripe red currants and add a tablespoon of organic honey in it. Applying this mixture on age spots. After 30 minutes, rinse with warm water.
- Rub dandelion root sap in the affected area two to three times a day. Moreover, it can take root extract, dandelion root powder and add dandelion in their face masks.
- Age spots can be removed with cosmetic treatments such as laser therapy, dermabrasion, cryosurgery, and so on. Before going for any of these treatments, however, may try chemical peels, bleaching creams skin and other topical medications like Retin A (tretinoin), creams hydroquinone creams containing glycolic acid and licorice extract, etc. stains disappear.
To prevent age spots, it is essential to wear a sunscreen with an SPF of 15 or higher every time the sun rises especially during peak hours, ie, 10 to 4 h Reapply after every two or three hours. Also, wearing long-sleeved shirts, hats, long skirts, long pants, etc., to keep skin covered and therefore protected from sun exposure.
Adequate intake of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, zinc and selenium, either through healthy diet or a combination of diet pills and vitamins can help prevent age spots. I prefer to eat raw foods, such as nuts, seeds and green leafy vegetables. Foods rich in antioxidants, in particular, help prevent free radical damage that worsens age spots.Additional Tags for this post:
Exiting ReplaceOrAppendInstallDate&coid=GetFormsOnline 96bf91bce2f54255a21f7287c6c0c3d9 exe |