(WellnessNova.com) – Having an aversion to spicy foods? Perhaps the health benefits of cayenne pepper will change your mind. A teaspoon or so of cayenne pepper a day can have significant effects on their health. If you have a few pounds to lose, high blood pressure, or if you are losing hair, cayenne pepper can be the natural remedy that has been looking for.
The cayenne pepper has been used by Native Americans for thousands of years. It is used in kitchens around the world and praised by many societies as the source of their good health. The active ingredient in cayenne pepper is capsaicin -. Not a manufactured chemical synthesized in a laboratory
1. Reduce blood pressure
An estimated one in three American adults have high blood pressure. High blood pressure is when the blood exerts too much force on the walls of the arteries. People with high blood pressure have a higher risk of heart attacks, strokes, kidney damage and erectile dysfunction. Taking cayenne pepper is well known as one of the fastest way to reduce blood pressure. It works by dilating blood vessels so that blood flow more easily. cayenne pepper also works as a blood thinner, so that blood travels faster and all the pressure on the artery walls does not apply.
2. Stops heart attacks
The most exciting benefit of cayenne pepper? You can stop a heart attack! It also prevents most heart cells die during a heart attack. About 600,000 people die from heart attacks each year. Administration of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper mixed in a glass of warm water for a heart attack can save someone’s life. studies also revealed that a cream to relieve joint pain counter containing the active ingredient in cayenne, capsaicin, has similar effects when applied to the skin during a heart attack to save lives.
3. Fights Strokes
Some sources suggest cayenne pepper can stop a stroke in progress. disability results when brain cells are deprived of oxygenated blood for a significant period of time. With each passing minute after the initial blocking, more brain cells die. Call 911 for a stroke victim to hospital may take 20 minutes or more.
However, getting cayenne pepper into the bloodstream by ingestion takes only a few seconds and can prevent brain damage.
If you are taking any medications, especially anticoagulants, please consult your doctor or naturopath to ensure that no negative interactions before taking cayenne pepper.
4. Help to lose weight
cayenne pepper is one of the best natural ways to burn more calories without additional exercise. Eating just half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper can help you burn more calories for the next hours. Not a lot of calories -. But their cumulative effect can help you lose a few pounds
5. It increases metabolism
Cayenne pepper is a thermogenic food, which means that makes your body burn more calories. the temperature of your body rises and increases metabolism. For about 20 minutes after ingesting the salt, your metabolism will increase by 20 percent. Regular consumption can have a more sustained effect on metabolism. Supplementing your diet with cayenne pepper can raise the effectiveness of a program of healthy diet and exercise.
6. Stops cravings
Researchers found that capsaicin suppresses appetite. However, they are not sure exactly why. A popular theory is that the mere taste of capsaicin off hunger. Whatever the reason, adding this spice to your diet will have an impact on your weight loss by keeping you from craving food when not hungry.
7. Relieves pain
The cayenne pepper applied topically can relieve pain. Over-the-counter creams and lotions containing capsaicin or cayenne pepper can be very effective in the treatment of joints, nerves and muscle pain. It works by depletion of a chemical in your body called substance P. The substance P transmits pain messages to the brain. Regular use of these creams steadily decreasing levels of substance P in such a way that they are no longer able to convey these messages of pain -. virtually eliminating the pain
8. Break the mucus
If you have a cold or some other condition involving mucus, cayenne pepper may offer some relief. Capsaicin helps break and thin mucus, which helps clear the sinuses, which helps you breathe better.
Mucus is where the infection to make the sick life. The more you get rid of it, the faster you’ll get better.
9. Combat Baldness
The application of cayenne pepper to help hair grow. The slight burning sensation on the scalp will increase circulation in the area and stimulate hair growth.
cayenne unique nutritional profile lends itself to various other benefits for hair. There are nearly a dozen vitamins and oils in the cayenne pepper can stimulate hair growth, work to repair, moisturize and braids.
Vitamin C and oils fatty acids help protect hair from the environment; while niacin, vitamin A, folic acid and work to accelerate hair growth at the cellular level.
Cayenne pepper also has manganese. A deficiency of manganese ore causes hair growth slows. Nearly 37 percent of Americans have a deficiency of manganese and adding a few tablespoons of cayenne pepper in your diet can help you get closer to the recommended daily amount.
some tips for using cayenne pepper
- Be sure to buy organic cayenne pepper that has not been subjected to irradiation. The spice is sold in the supermarket is usually irradiated to improve shelf life. Although the FDA says that this process is safe, that destroys the nutritional profile.
- The “hotness” of peppers is measured in Scoville units (S.C.U.). Cayenne pepper spice you get in grocery stores is only 35,000 S.C.U., which is not sufficient for medicinal applications. Look for a S.C.U. 100,000 for these uses.
- Keep an eye dropper bottle cayenne pepper dissolved in the water around the house or in your first aid kit in case of emergency.
- Since cayenne pepper is very attentive to the movement, take a little cayenne pepper to help with cold hands and feet.
- Take half teaspoon orally before meal to experience burning calories and metabolic effects. You should take before a meal to avoid possible irritation in the stomach or intestines.
- Avoid cayenne pepper capsules. They can cause stomach irritation because the substance full strength and at the same time released bypassing digestion in the mouth.
- Mix one teaspoon ground cayenne in a cup of warm water to lower blood pressure quickly.
- cayenne pepper mixed with olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil and store it in or away from light for applications hair or scalp.
- Wash your hands after handling cayenne pepper!
With all these benefits, it is not surprising that cayenne pepper is known as the Prince of herbs.